The Open Language Archives Community is an international partnership of institutions and individuals who are creating a worldwide virtual library of language resources by: (i) developing consensus on best current practice for the digital archiving of language resources, and (ii) developing a network of inter-operating repositories and services for housing and accessing such resources.
This project was a first attempt at answering the question: Can we simplify the discovery of those languages that do not have many resources?
– Use the application @ http://language-archives.services/olacvis/
- The source code for the current version is @ https://github.com/CoEDL/olac-visualisation-v2
- The source for the original version can be found at: https://github.com/CoEDL/olac-visualisation-v1
- Support for various colour schemes.
- Circle colour and size by total number of resources
- Inspect resource summary
- Search language resources with links back to OLAC site